Overall Grade: ⭐️
Tropes: workplace romance; forbidden romance; virgin FMC/heroine; troubled billionaire hero
One of my favorite things an author can do is take a complicated character, one who acts in villainous ways, and turn them into heroes. I’m not talking about an anti-hero, although it’s possible to call Tia Louise’s Trip one. In For Your Eyes Only, Louise has moved him from a self-serving man to one who falls deeply for his FMC, Gia, and acts selflessly to protect her. Gia and Trip in this story are chapter after chapter of pure spice. In fact, that tends to be Tia Louise’s calling card in the world of romance. Yes, she gifts us complicated renderings of her heroes and heroines, but really her wheelhouse is bedroom steam…or wall steam…or counter steam. This also tends to be the catnip of many a romance reader.
Reasons to love Tia Louise’s For Your Eyes Only:
- Spice — like 4 chili peppers of spice
- Virgin FMC who doesn’t stay a virgin for long.
- Undeniable chemistry from the moment they meet
- A twisty/turny story where her hero, Trip, sacrifices his happiness for the protection of his love
- An epilogue and bonus epilogue that make your heart grow
- An underworld that adds darkness to the overall story without overpowering the beauty of Gia and Trip’s love. It also keeps you seated at the edge of your seat.
- Gia takes control of her life and makes choices for herself, moving her from innocent to decided and strong
Tia Louise’s For Your Eyes Only is everything you expect of her as a writer and more. If you love a bit of dark romance with a huge helping of steam, grab this one quick.
In love and romance,