Overall Grade: ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
Jana Aston’s One Night with a Nutcracker is the Christmas read you need RIGHT NOW. Let me make a list of all the ways that this story will add some sweet happiness to your life:
- There are goats. That’s it. That’s all.
- Sutton, the heroine, is a hippie girl who doesn’t take life too seriously. I mean…who wins an Airstream in a poker game and decides to basically squat on some land with a barn without thinking about the consequences. For years, she never considers that maybe she shouldn’t live there. But you can’t help but love her because she has a huge heart (see goats) and she makes great soap.
- Who doesn’t love some enemies to lovers romance? I know I do. Add to that chemistry that screams off the page between Jake, the hero, and Sutton, and you will gobble the story.
- Unlike the last book of this series, Elves with Benefits, there is a smidge of Christmas in this story.
- Again, there are goats. With bows. Riding in a Porsche. Need I say more?
If you need a story to lose a little bit of time in, then you should read Jana Aston’s newest offering in her Reindeer Falls series. It isn’t meant to be taken seriously. In fact, you won’t be able to…it’s simply meant to let you escape for a little while.
In love and romance,